Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Vershinin and Chinese Ambassador in Moscow Zhang Hanhui discussed launching an international investigation into the Nord Stream pipeline bombing.
“There was a detailed discussion… the issue of launching as soon as possible an international investigation into the undermining of the Nord Stream pipeline on September 26, 2022,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on its website.
The sides also discussed Beijing’s global security initiative, “which was positively assessed by the Russian side.”
Earlier, Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjártó said that the attack on the Nord Stream pipeline should be treated as an act of terrorism.
He stressed that this was the first time such a large object of the European critical infrastructure had been attacked.
It was also reported that Germany was planning to use the remaining pipes after Nord Stream 2.